[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 10:49:32 CEST 2000

GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu said:
> I'm not opposed to this kind of patch, however I do understand the
> argument. Would it be hard to add autoconf support with an option like
> --enable-sendmail-auto-aliases?

Configure/install time options that set policy are *bad*.
For example if I make a prebuilt package like this configured without
that option (because I never allow sendmail anywhere near my systems),
it immediately makes that package specific for people not using
sendmail.  If the package is made using that option then its
inappropriate for me, anyone else not using sendmail, and anyone
running sendmail who doesn't have their aliases there or doesn't want
random code diddling with aliases (which might be autogenerated off
something else).

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]