[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Fri Jun 16 02:58:23 CEST 2000

-> You can do it, today, and no one else needs to have newlist do something
-> they don't want?  I don't *want* another option to newlist, and I
-> don't want turds in /tmp.

	(Minor detail: the /tmp was just an arbitrary example.  Some known
location under the MailMan tree would probably make the most sense)

->  This way, we're both happy.

	Here's the real issue.  I didn't think anyone would object to such
an option (because it's so minor --and convenient--), and I thought that
most other people would appreciate having such an option (for the same
reasons that I would appreciate having such an option).

-> > 	Oh yeah, and remember to carry this script with you wherever you
-> > go, because it's not part of the standard MailMan installation...
->
-> If you make up your mind not to be pleased, you will get what you wish.

	It's not that at all.  I just think that this is something other
people, who are using Sendmail and telnetting in from mouseless
workstations, could really appreciate.

	Incidentally, given that this particular option would not cause
code bloat (or otherwise affect you), but could make life seriously easier
for many people --which was the point of my last message-- , I don't see
why anyone would object.

	Is it really all that painful to avoid typing "-a" (or whatever)
at the command prompt?

--Derek