[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Fri Jun 16 02:57:09 CEST 2000

> -> Aw, come on:
> ->
> -> #!/bin/ksh
> -> LIST=foo
> -> OWNER=dmick at west.sun.com
> -> PASSWORD=password
>
> 	So now I need to manually edit this script each time before I run
> it, instead of just answering prompts.

No, of course not.  I didn't mention anything about "read it with
a bit of intelligence", and I suppose I should have.

> 	Of course, you could write in the prompts into your script, and
> parse the input... adjusting, of course, for invalid input incase I hit a
> typo...

No kidding.

> tell me again how that's easier than just having bin/newlist write
> out a text file?

You can do it, today, and no one else needs to have newlist do something
they don't want?  I don't *want* another option to newlist, and I
don't want turds in /tmp.  This way, we're both happy.

> 	Oh yeah, and remember to carry this script with you wherever you
> go, because it's not part of the standard MailMan installation...

If you make up your mind not to be pleased, you will get what you wish.