[Mailman-Users] Unknown mailer error 1 *sigh*

David Smead smead at amplepower.com
Thu Jun 15 23:07:15 CEST 2000

Derek,

Error 126 from sendmail is a permission problem.  Error 2 means it can't
open the receiving process, I think.  I believe that error 1 means it
can't find the receiver, but not sure.

In the install instructions, you'll see that the group s bit has to be
set.  I think the kernel enforces the rule about having the directory
where the receiver resides be writable only by the owner of the
directory.

Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.