[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Jim Hebert jim at cosource.com
Thu Jun 15 03:21:07 CEST 2000

Derek Simkowiak <dereks at kd-dev.com> wrote:

> 	I totally dig the USENET gateway functionality. Right on! I hope
> it works as advertised.

We use it at for public lists at Cosource.com, and private lists internal
to Vistasource.com, and love it.

We had one minor snag involving crossposting hich we're in the middle of
getting fixed:

http://www.cosource.com/cgi-bin/cos.pl/wish/info/295

Note that even though the page doesn't show it at the time of this
posting, someone is working on doing this work right now (kkenedy) as far
as I know. Hoping for a positive result!

> 	The other thing is subscription policy.  Again, I would like to
> have no confirmation at all as an option.  I am perfectly aware that a
> "confirm" (or better) policy is a good idea, but I would like to have the
> choice of subscribing people without their knowledge or interaction.

You can subscribe people via the mass-add box in membership management
(see the web interface) and opt not to send them a 'welcome to the list'
right there in the form. Is that what you were looking for?

Best,
jim
who is about to convert another bunch of majordomo lists to mailman also!

--
Jim Hebert                                       http://www.cosource.com/
jim at cosource.com          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox