[Mailman-Users] Can I setup lists without passwords

Fil fil at orwell.bok.net
Wed Jun 14 00:58:13 CEST 2000

> > For an intranet, I would like to setup a list without having the users
> > remember passwords for subscribe/unsubscribe. Is it possible ?
>
> I don't think there is an easy way to do this. I would like for there to
> be one but have never seen a good answer.

Use this patch so that if you don't enter anything in any if the two
password boxes in the 'subsribe' form the mailman chooses it for you. Then
suppress the boxes altogether in the sub form. I have no such bypassing for
unsubscribes, however.

Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py
diff -r1.25 subscribe.py
139,141c139,140
<         error = 1
<         results = (results +
<                    "You must supply a valid password, and confirm it.<br>")
---