[Mailman-Users] ISO-8859-1 chars don't appear correctly on archives

Jorge Godoy godoy at conectiva.com
Mon Jun 12 22:35:14 CEST 2000

Leonardo Rochael Almeida <lra at insite.com.br> writes:

> Ol=E1 Godoy,
> I mean...
> Olá Godoy :-)
>
> I've noticed the same thing on my lists here. The thing is, someone
> somewhere should be converting quoted-printable to 8-bit. Pipermail
> (mailman's builtin archiver) is not very elaborate so I think that
> expecting it to convert quoted-printable to html quoting (&aacute; and
> friends) is a little bit too much to ask. Maybe some sendmail (or your
> mailer) option to convert from quoted-printable to 8-bit should do the
> trick. I'm still hunting that option down, though...

Hi Leo, how are you? How's São Paulo? :-) Curitiba is too hot and it
doesn't seem to be winter here... ;-)

Anyway, I'm using Postfix and not Sendmail. But I think that although
I can change my mailer configuration it's Pipermail's job to do that
conversion. There are lots of broken MTAs around.

There's another machine running qmail and ezmlm with MHonArc as it's
archiver. As you can see here
http://listas.conectiva.com.br/listas/linux-br/arquivo/2000/06/msg00691.html
everything works fine and without any special configuration on
MHonArc.

I was expecting it from MailMan.

Thanks! (And send Simone a kiss! ;-))
--
Godoy.	<godoy at conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.