[Mailman-Users] GCC problem

Galen Boyer galenboyer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 22:21:26 CEST 2000

I am trying to install mailman, and it needs a compiler.  Reading
through its make file, I find that it tries to execute something
similar to the following test line:

     gcc -o tstm tstm.c

WHERE tstm.c has the following two lines.

     #include "confdefs.h"

     main(){return(0);}

The error that is displayed is:

     gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `-Y': No such file or directory

I am not sure what I did wrong in setting up gcc, but I
downloaded the precompiled gcc-2.95.2-sol7-sparc-local from
sunfreeware.com.  The Solaris instance is:

     SunOS mas1 5.7 Generic_106541-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Anybody deal with this problem?
--
Galen Boyer
Database Architect