[Mailman-Users] Appending User's Email Address to Footer

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Mon Jul 10 23:38:42 CEST 2000

You can probably do it as a hack.

Myself I hacked the Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py module so that it would
create a separate Sendmail job for each message to each user.  This was
because I was having problems with email taking hours to process and it was
a quick and easy hack to do.  So now to my 100 user email list, Sendmail
creates 100 separate mail jobs for each message to the list.  This might not
be a good idea for lists with thousands of users but I only have a list with
less than 200 users.

Now if you do do that then you could also easily modify the Sendmail module
to append that little bit of text that you want to the message before
calling Sendmail.

If you do this you will also need to specify that Sendmail is your transport
rather than the default of the SMTPDirect.py handler module.

Good luck,
John

John Villalovos
Intel Corporation
2111 NE 25TH AVE STOP JF2-70
HILLSBORO, OR  97124-5961
(503) 264-1320   Fax: (503) 264-6380

GPG 1.+/PGP 5.+/ DSS/Diffie Helman
http://www.sodarock.com/JohnVillalovos-gpgkey.txt
1024D/1A25D86C 2F24 AD89 E5D5 C92B 7FE2  F878 7ED5 2D38 1A25 D86C