[Mailman-Users] Re: Administration URL

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Jan 25 22:33:51 CET 2000

Quoting Ken Manheimer (klm at digicool.com):
> > Subject: Administration URL (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: Your mail
> list.)
> >
> > Why is it that only *some* messages have the administration URL on the
> bottom?
> > Is it the difference between ones that are sent directly to the list
> and ones
> > that are Cc'ed?
>
> That's right - explicitly mentioned 'cc:' and 'to:' recipients besides
> the mailing list go directly to the named destinations, not through the
> maillist remailer, so do not get the mailing list footer.

Actually, when it's to the list and CC'ed to me, I get it both ways.  I forgot
that I got so annoyed over this a few weeks ago that I installed a procmail
filter to screen out the duplicate messages, so I don't see the one coming
from the mailing list.

If anybody is interested, the procmail rule is:

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

:0 a:
/dev/null

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
"If something's expensive to develop, and somebody's not going to get paid, it