[Mailman-Users] Fw: Small problem with the framebuilderlist (fwd)

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Tue Jan 25 16:02:02 CET 2000

From: "Dan Mick" <Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM>
> > > Here's an odd one -- my first guess is that the / in his address
> > > is confusing things.  (I didn't think that was an allowed
> > > character in addresses to begin with, but he seems to be getting
> > > the mail...)
>
> I just checked over RFC822, and it doesn't look as though / is
> prohibited in addresses.  I can see where it would freak out
> the URL parsing, though.  You might try fooling it with
> %2F instead:
>
> Erik.G.Lund%2FCPH
>
> If that works, we probably have the beginnings of a patch to
> MailMan...

Yes, after sending the email I also poked around and found that / is a legal
character.

Doing the obvious of plugging Erik.G.Lund%2FCPH at manbw.dk into the top level
listinfo webpage doesn't work, I'm guess because mailman isn't decoding the
%2F back into a / before looking it up in the user database.  The error is:

Error
Framebuilders has no subscribed addr Erik.G.Lund%2FCPH at manbw.dk.

Going down through the subscriber list and finding the recipient doesn't do
any good either.  In that case we get:
http://www.phred.org/mailman/options/framebuilders/erik.g.lund/cph__at__manb
w.dk
which is easily changed to: