[Mailman-Users] multilevel lists and spam prevention

Doug Hughes Doug.Hughes at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jan 14 15:52:18 CET 2000

I'm trying to split a list into several components, but I also want
a general list so that people can subscribe to the general list and
get mail from and send mail to all the sub lists. With spam prevention
rules and closed lists this becomes difficult on posting, because they'll
not be directly subscribed to the sub-lists and so not allowed to post.
(Another difficulty of course is loop prevention, but I think the hooks
are here to handle that adequately)

One way I can think of to fix this would be heirarchical lists, but
this would probably be pretty complex to incorporate. Another easier
way to do this would be to have preprocessor or macro type directives
incorporated into the subcription file. Maybe something like
#include general-list

so that anybody subscribed to general-list could also post and it
would go to all the sub-lists of general-list without
triggering the spam prevention on a closed mail list.

Thoughts?

illustration

 sublist1       sublist2             sublist3
	  \________subscribed to__________/

               general-list