[Mailman-Users] Feature questions

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Fri Jan 14 00:22:37 CET 2000

     Hello,
	I have some questions about Mailman features.

	I have administered several Majordomo lists.  Creating a new list
is a time-consuming process involving several steps.  Without referring to
the documenation, I inevitably forget to create a file (like
listname.admin) or to set the permissions correctly.

	Is the process for creating a new list comparable under Mailman?
What I'd *really* love is a web-page based mail list creation tool, or at
the very least, being able to create a list with one or two single
commands.  I'm hoping to turn over mail list creation (and removal) to
someone who has no Unix skills, meaning NO experience with Unix text
editors or shell syntax.

	Next question: can I alter the appearance of the web pages (white
background, blue and gold section headers) *without* editing Python code?
I haven't learned Python yet, and I wouldn't want to edit the source for
every new list anyhow.  Specifically, I'd like to know if I can (1) change
the colors, (2) change the font, and (3) Nest the stuff inside some kind
of header and footer--without using server side includes--by way of a
configuration file and/or web page.

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks at kd-dev.com