[Mailman-Users] List mail is bouncing :(

Scott Russell scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com
Wed Feb 23 22:15:17 CET 2000

Two things to check:

1) Make sure you have the /home/mailman/mail/wrapper program symlinked to /etc/smrsh. You need
to do this if you are running sendmail. Postfix does not appear to need this.

2) As root run tail -f /var/log/maillog then send a message to your list. If you see errors
like: Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 100, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure
to take 99?) it means you compiled Mailman with the wrong options. Rerun the config script
as ./configure --with-mail-gid=XX then make then make install (back things up first of
course.)

-- Scott