[Mailman-Users] List mail is bouncing :(

Mike Carr mcarr at macrolink.bc.ca
Wed Feb 23 20:36:32 CET 2000

Heyas all,

I'm having problems getting Mailman up and running. All mail that is
sent to my mailing list is bouncing back with "unknown mailer error 2".
I think the aliases are having problems expanding.

Problems are occuring on a Linux box, sendmail is 8.9.3, python is
1.5.2, mailman is current release.

I will refer to the list as 'mylist'. Mail going to mylist at myhost.com is
bouncing to mylist-admin at myhost.com with mailer error 2. Mail fails
sending to mylist-admin at myhost.com with mailer error 2 as well, and
error messages are sent to postmaster.

Direct quote:
'554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner mylist"... unknown mailer
error 2'

[From /etc/aliases]
mylist: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post mylist"
mylist-admin: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner mylist"
mylist-request: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd mylist"
owner-mylist: mcarr
mylist-owner: mcarr
[End From]

[From sendmail.cf]