[Mailman-Users] upgrading from rc1

Eric Gus gus at evg.org
Tue Feb 22 18:37:28 CET 2000

is there any other way to find this out?  I'd already killed my source tree
after a month of running successfully.  I apparently didn't get the correct
gid when I updated to 1.1final.. all the mail accounts on the server that
are subscribed to a mailman list appear to be having their permissions
changed.

--/var/adm/messages--
Feb 22 08:11:17 evg sendmail[16489]: IAA16489: from=<root at evg.org>,
size=243, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<Pine.LNX.3.93.1000222081110.16486A-100000 at evg.org>, proto=SMTP,
relay=root at localhost
Feb 22 08:11:18 evg procmail[16491]: Enforcing stricter permissions on
"/var/spool/mail/gus"
Feb 22 08:12:14 evg sendmail[16490]: IAA16489: to=<gus at evg.org>,
ctladdr=<root at evg.org> (0/0), delay=00:00:57, xdelay=00:00:57, mailer=local,
stat=Can't create output: Error 0

--(and the bounce email back to root)--
   ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications -----
<gus at evg.org>  (unrecoverable error)

procmail: Enforcing stricter permissions on "/var/spool/mail/gus"
procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/gus.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/gus"
550 <gus at evg.org>... Can't create output: Error 0

I untarred my rc1 on top of the newer 1.1 in hopes to have the old wrapper
running again but it appears not to have given me a temp solution to the
mail errs.

Thanks for the help folks!    (No Sarcasm <tm>)

Gus
mailto:egus at efn.org