[Mailman-Users] Rejects no longer email

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun Feb 13 07:05:36 CET 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:41:53 -0800
Marc Merlin <marc_news at valinux.com> wrote:

> On sam, fév 12, 2000 at 05:39:51 -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> No.  I suspect that something in <listname/config.db is corrupt,
>> so I'd like to migrate all the contents of the current list's
>> config.db to another list (membership and customisations), delete
>> the current list and then rename the new list to the old name.

> Ah, then you need the other script Barry put in mm1.2 cvs and that
> I mentinoned here a couple of days ago: config_list Create a new
> list, use config_list to dump the old one into a text file, edit
> if you want, and overwrite the new list settings with the old one.

Sounds like just the ticket.  I must have missed that email.

> The problem here is that their is no way to dump and restore a
> list's users _while keeping the users' values_ (password, digest,
> whatever)

<ponder>

I question this:

There's a script in bin called clone_member.  As written it has
problems, but the promise at least is there that it could be hacked
to instead write the member data to a second config rather than the
current one.

> Barry knows about this but I suppose he already has a lot on his
> plate right now :-)

Yup.  JPython is looking extremely promising, especially with the
(not so recent) MicroThreads and Stackless Python patches.  I have a
lot of hopes for those two patches in particular.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu