[Mailman-Users] Mailman + Majordomo simultaneously?

Rick Niess rniess at netserver3.otr.usm.edu
Mon Feb 7 22:06:31 CET 2000

Hi Gerrit,

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Gerrit Holl wrote:
> does anyone know wheter it's possible to run Mailman and Majordomo
> lists beside each other? We have about twenty mail adminstrators on
> our server, and I want to give them some time to switch to Mailman.
> Does anyone have experiences with this?

     Yes, it tends to work very well. I've been running both for some time
now on a Linux box.  The only big issue you have to watch out for,
assuming you run SendMail as your MTA, is the conflicting "wrapper"
programs of Mailman and Majordomo.  You'll have to rename one of them and
adjust all aliases that call it accordingly.  As for converting between
the two, that's a bit more complicated...

						~ Rick ~
--
.oooO "Man with closed Oooo.    Rick C. Niess
(   )   mouth gathers  (   )    University of Southern Miss.
 \ (      no foot!"     ) /     resnet at usm.edu