[Mailman-Users] How to discard spam without review

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Dec 13 20:14:53 CET 2000

At 7:51 -0800 12/13/00, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>At 8:46 AM -0500 12/13/00, George Dinwiddie wrote:
>>I'd say that's a job appropriate for procmail rather than the mailing
>>list manager.
>
>at one level, yes. At a practical level, no -- because that'd
>preclude someone from configuring it via the mailman web pages, and
>would require them to have shell access to the machine, and would
>require separate procmailrcs for every list on the machine (and to
>learn procmail). You don't want your admins jumping through all those
>hoops unless you absolutely have to.

Not to mention that mere mortals--even list admins--are very unlikely to
know anything about procmail and how to manage its amazingly arcane
"recipes," which when mismanaged tend to discard all mail.

  --John (who doesn't trust himself anywhere near procmail)
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA