[Mailman-Users] Variables

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Dec 8 07:06:45 CET 2000

At 6:57 PM -0800 12/7/00, John W Baxter wrote:

>Hmmm...I clearly need to read better.  Sorry, Mr Healy.  Please ignore what
>I said.

darn, I was looking forward to arguing about the values of VERPing
again.. (giggle)

>I don't know the answer to your actual question (for Mailman).

the answer I believe, is that you more or less can't right now.

First, the MLM shouldn't be modifying the content of a message, IMHO.
that's the author's content, not the list server's. So it shouldn't
go mucking with it.

We do make exceptions for attaching a footer (in my view, somewhat
grudgingly) -- as long as the footer is clearly delineated. There are
some hacks in the mailman archives by folks who've tweaked mailman to
add content like this into a message, but it's not really supported
and you'll have to modify the hacks to do this. But it's a start, if
you really, really want it.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort, personally.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

We're visiting the relatives. Cover us.