[Mailman-Users] delay before sending out emails

Matthew Dickinson matt at mattd.org
Fri Dec 8 04:12:50 CET 2000

Hi

i'm running version 2.0 and have upgraded from beta5 then beta6 and still
have the same problem.

When a mail is sent to the list (looking at /var/log/maillog we
see: status=sent ("| /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post old") ) it gets to
the right place. I am under the impression that it should deliver
immediately, but it doesn't. Instead it waits for the next minute to
arrive and the failed delivery part of the cronjob takes over
(/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner).

I'm running RedHat 6.2 with postfix as the MTA, apart from not sending the
mails out immediately, everything is fine. I've spoken to a friend of
mine, also running postfix (albeit under NetBSD) and his mails out
immediately....

This has got me a little stumped.. i welcome any input!

THanks

Matt