[Mailman-Users] List-* headers

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Dec 6 19:30:10 CET 2000

At 1:19 PM -0500 12/6/00, sigma at pair.com wrote:

>in that the List- headers are optional but encouraged.  Hopefully mail
>clients will be catching up to the RFC - functionality can be added to
>clients without any downside.

If mail list admins strip the headers -- why incentive will they have
to support the RFC?

How many users have complained? ON my site (40K subscribers), I got
maybe 15. I sure don't see that as a mandate. And of those, all but
one or two, when I explained to them what was going on, agreed it was
better for them to deal with it.

Before you go hacking stuff, find out what's really goig on. I
suggest you have a couple of noisy squeakss in the wheel tghat can be
better fixed through a little education.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

We're visiting the relatives. Cover us.