[Mailman-Users] List-* headers

sigma at pair.com sigma at pair.com
Wed Dec 6 19:19:49 CET 2000

I agree completely with the purpose and the future direction.  I intend to
explain the matter to our customers and encourage them to try to adopt the
new headers.

But what they see right now are two full screens of headers before the
actual message, and that's what *their* users see, and it trickles back to
us as dissatisfaction.  I want to be able to provide an option for each
list to disable these headers, at their own risk.

It's similar to how reply_to_list is considered harmful, but is still
supported because it's useful in some situations.  The RFC reflects this,
in that the List- headers are optional but encouraged.  Hopefully mail
clients will be catching up to the RFC - functionality can be added to
clients without any downside.

Thanks,
Kevin