[Mailman-Users] For Mailman wishlist

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Dec 1 20:51:43 CET 2000

At 8:42 PM +0100 12/1/00, Tom Verhoeff wrote:
>Option to select period for password reminders (much like digest
>volumes).  Now it is either off or monthly.  I would like yearly
>(monthly is too often, yearly seems right for me).

It really needs to be done per-list, and yes, you need to be able to
specify the period. My big machine (40K subscribers) is thrashing
like crazy today because of the password stuff (and other unrelated
factors. Im' not sure which caused the real problem, but the
combination ofa bout three things put the machine into spasms).

FWIW, sending the passwords is a cron job. so you can cut it's
frequency or change time by updating the cron entry.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy