[Mailman-Users] Problems with OpenBSD

Seer Snively seer at nethelpnow.com
Fri Aug 25 00:28:40 CEST 2000

Okay, well, the fun has begun!

I'm taking over system admin and I'd like to dump the lame alias file
includes and move to mailman, but I'm having a few small problems.

First of all, I can't seem to figure out how to install the wrapper.  Most
of the docs don't mention OpenBSD (the system that I'm afraid I'm stuck
with) and lots of things are in non-standard places.  For example:

- We run sendmail, but smrsh just a file in /etc/sbin, there is no
directory

- Aliases are in dir /etc/mail, not just /etc/aliases

So the major problem is that sendmail doesn't understand the
"test" mailing list I've set up.  Or at least doesn't know that test and
test-requests are now valid email addys.  The mailman logs seem to be
happy and I only get "unknown user" errors in sendmail logs.

// Other than that, I've always liked being _on_ mailman mailing
// lists.  :-)   Evolution (and all of helixcode's lists) are much
// fun! :-)

Oh, and one other feature/wishlist item:  I am going to have two lists
total, but I'd like to have this sort of setup:  List A can only mail list
A.  List B is only sub'ed to B, but can send mail to both A and
B.  Because "B" is going to be somewhat small and un-changing, I was going
to enter those email exceptions by hand, but it would be nice if this was
some how allowed.

Share the day,
Seer

p.s. OpenBSD 2.6, Python 1.5.2, sendmail 8.9.3, most current mailman
(beta)
Seer Snively						seer at nethelpnow.com
Network Administrator					NetHelp International