[Mailman-Users] Cookie

Chuck Dale bug at aphid.net
Tue Apr 11 19:18:45 CEST 2000

I get this problem consistently if I use a proxy server that itself has a
parent. That is, I use the proxy server of an ISP which in turn uses the
proxy of their provider. The problem seems to be that there are multiple
proxies selected by some sort of L4 switch so I get often get a different
proxy with every request. Not sure why this stuffs up the cookies.

Chuck

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 08:15:31PM -0400, Jeff Fiegel wrote:
> > Error decoding authorization cookie.
> >
> > Yes cookie are permitted...   Are there any special setting for
> > apache?  Users are getting the same error?
>
> I have started seeing this *occasionally* with the 2.0beta series as well.
> Maybe 1 out of 25 times, it will complain about not being able to decode
the
> authorization cookie.  I've not yet figured out what triggers it.  When I
do
> get it, the cookie that has been saved by Netscape is shorter than the
> normal cookies... but I've not poked around enough to figure out why.
Maybe