[Mailman-Users] Hypermail to Pipermail (reply-to:?)

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Sun Sep 26 06:11:31 CEST 1999

At 06:13 PM 9/22/99 -0600, Erik Parker wrote:
>The thread last month on virtual users really wasn't all that
>informative. I see the options that only a blind person could miss
>for hostnames on the general options page. However that doesn't
>fix the address the list E-mail FROM. So if i have host.x.com,
>which is a CNAME to host.n.com, and the list knows it is on host.x.com,
>it still shows up from list at host.n.com, regardless of what you put there.
>Then people reply to the wrong hostname.

As at least one other person on mailman-dev told you, and I just told
you a few minutes ago, so you'll get this answer from me twice, your hostname
problems are an smtp issue, not a mailman problem.  Stop using CNAMEs for
mail if you care what the mail looks like; many mailers, sendmail in particular,
will, at either end, rewrite the cname into the canonical name.  Change the cname
to a duplicate a record with mx.