[Mailman-Users] Problems with subscribed users

Aaron Optimizer Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Sep 22 15:39:03 CEST 1999

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 05:43:17PM +0200, Aaron Optimizer Digulla wrote:

> > I have a closed list but for some *subscribed* users, all posts
> > must be approved by me (error Only subscribed users may post to
> > the list). (See Bug 126 in the jitterbug DB). Can you please have
> > a look ASAP because many valid users get these mails back ?
> >
> > This seems to be related to having several aliases for
> > a machine.
>
> :-/ It gets more and more strange... when I set "Restrict posting privilege
> to list members?" and "Must posts be approved by an administrator?" to NO,
> then every post is held for approval !?!?!

Ok, finally. After reading the mail archive and the FAQs (why is the
FAQ in the package different from the FAQ on the WWW pages ???), I
found why many posts are held for approval: Mailman doesn't use the
>From or From: header lines but Sender: and Sender: is usually wrong.
How do I have to change mailman that Sender: is ignored and
"From " is used instead ?

Here is a header for which mailman fails: