[Mailman-Users] problems with mail delivery

Joachim Dahl joachim at analog.com
Mon Nov 29 16:06:34 CET 1999

I have installed mailman v.1.1 on a Linux box. I just followed the default
installation, just changing
the --with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-gid fields. Working locally everything
works smoothly, but
when remote users try to subscribe, I have problems. They never receive
confirmation from Mailman.
I located the problem in the following two log files. (Name and IP nr
changed to prevent spam)

>From /home/mailman/logs/smtp-failures:
Nov 26 12:06:54 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:
Mailman.pythonlib.smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused  /
{'john.doe at analog.com': (550, '<john.doe at analog.com>... Relaying denied')}
(dequeued)

>From /home/mailman/logs/subscribe:
Nov 26 12:06:52 1999  gsm: pending john.doe at analog.com  10.20.30.40

I can send mail to john.doe using sendmail, so the mail system seems to be
working globally (and
I can register locally with confirmation via email).

Does anyone have an idea of how to cure to problem?

Best Regards,
Joachim Dahl