[Mailman-Users] Mailman customization

Thiébaut Champenier CHAMPETH at e-i.com
Mon Nov 22 15:13:08 CET 1999

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:36:29AM -0500, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> Quoting Thiébaut Champenier (CHAMPETH at e-i.com):
> > ...in fact I've realised it's not a big problem... it would be nice if it were
> > possible to send those approval requests to only a single admin (e.g. the 1st
> > one)
>
> Do the other admins do anything besides post?  Because if you only made them
> admins so that they can post, you don't have to do it that way.  Just list
> them under "Privacy Options->Addresses of members accepted for posting to this
> list without implicit approval requirement".

yes, all admins can add/remove users but only one or two of them can post.

I think I'll make only one or two real admins and give the other "admins" the
admin password to allow them to subscribe/unsubscribe their users, like this
they won't receive the approval requests.  And I'll list the real admins under
"Addresses of members accepted for posting..." so that they are the only ones
that can post.

To prevent the "admins" from changing the list options, I'll let them access
only the membership management page... or a customized and simplified copy of
this page.