[Mailman-Users] problem...

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Nov 18 23:33:56 CET 1999

Quoting Barry A. Warsaw (bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us):
> -------------------- snip snip --------------------
> SENDMAIL ISSUES
>
> Newer versions of Sendmail come with a restricted execution utility
> called "smrsh", which limits the executables that sendmail can use as
> mail filter programs.  You need to explicitly allow Mailman's wrapper
> program to be used with smrsh.  One good way of doing this is to
>
>     - cd into /etc/smrsh
>
>     - create a symbolic link to Mailman's wrapper program
>
> For example, if you've installed Mailman in the standard location, you
> can just execute these commands (you might have to do these as root):
>
>     % cd /etc/smrsh
>     % ln -s /home/mailman/mail/wrapper wrapper

I had a problem with this, because majordomo uses a program called "wrapper"
as well, so I had to call the mailman one something else.  In my case, I
called it "mailman_wrapper" and had the aliases exectute
/etc/smrsh/mailman_wrapper instead of /home/mailman/mail/wrapper.  When I get
rid of my last majordomo list, I'll change my aliases over.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster