[Mailman-Users] problem...

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Nov 18 23:27:45 CET 1999

I've just added a README.SENDMAIL file that describes what to do about
smrsh.  I've attached it below; feedback would be welcome!

-Barry

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
SENDMAIL ISSUES

Newer versions of Sendmail come with a restricted execution utility
called "smrsh", which limits the executables that sendmail can use as
mail filter programs.  You need to explicitly allow Mailman's wrapper
program to be used with smrsh.  One good way of doing this is to

    - cd into /etc/smrsh

    - create a symbolic link to Mailman's wrapper program

For example, if you've installed Mailman in the standard location, you
can just execute these commands (you might have to do these as root):

    % cd /etc/smrsh
    % ln -s /home/mailman/mail/wrapper wrapper