[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] optimizing mail delivery

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at caesar.elte.hu
Thu Nov 18 03:14:15 CET 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> So do you think the Mailman way is better or worse?  I'm curious
> because I'm trying to decide whether I should port Mailman 1.0's bulk
> mailer code to the new message pipeline.

Actually I kinda like the mailman bulk mailer. Before I switched from
majordomo, I used an external bulkmail package (called from aliases, what
mailman doesn't do on delivery so I can't use it with mailman) to help out
sendmail. Changing MTA's on a high traffic site can be a real PITA, I
wouldn't like it if I had to change it because mailman can't help it out
anymore :( So I think it would be nice if you left it as an option.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo at caesar.elte.hu         gorgo at linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/