[Mailman-Users] optimizing mail delivery

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Nov 18 02:45:13 CET 1999

Quoting Barry A. Warsaw (bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us):
> So do you think the Mailman way is better or worse?  I'm curious
> because I'm trying to decide whether I should port Mailman 1.0's bulk
> mailer code to the new message pipeline.

Personally, I think you should leave it to the MTA to make the decisions on
how to deliver the mail more efficiently.  Anybody who wants more parallelism
can find an MTA to do that.  And that leaves Mailman to concentrate on doing
the things it does well, rather than second guessing the MTA.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster