[Mailman-Users] Cabalists and Users, A question of usage...

Mike Richardson doctor at kira.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 11:09:58 CET 1999

Hi all,

A question to the writers and users of mailman.

We are looking to use mailman for a large project and I need some
assurances to its pedigree, scalability, reliability and speed.
We would want to know it could handle 1000+ lists, 200K members and
25,000 incoming messages per month with a possible 6 fold increase
over the next 5 years.

Thus if anyone who has this level of usage can get in contact with me, or if
the writers could contact me and let me know of any testing to this level,
or sites which handle a similar load then I'd be grateful.

Obviously if it was used in such a project then we'd want to
feed back as much as possible to the development of the product.

Thanks

Mike
Copyright 1999 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor at mcc.ac.uk, 0161 275-6009