[Mailman-Users] install troubles

Richard Ames richard at linsup.com
Wed May 19 13:21:23 CEST 1999

Hi -

I'm having a bit of trouble with the install... using the INSTALL file of
mailman-1.0rc1

Step 1 - noproblem.

Step 2 - cd to the src directory, ./configure doesn't work, ../configure
appears to work fine.

make install results in a bunch of errors starting with:

Creating directory hierarchy /home/mailman/logs
/bin/sh: ./mkinstalldirs: No such file or directory

There is no mkinstalldirs in the src directory, so I copy it there from the
mailman-1.0rc1 directory.

Try make install again - it makes a whole bunch of directories in
/home/mailman and then:

Creating directory hierarchy /home/mailman/cgi-bin
mkdir /home/mailman/cgi-bin
Creating directory hierarchy /home/mailman/mail
mkdir /home/mailman/mail
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/mailman-1.0rc1/src/bin'
for f in digest_arch mmsitepass newlist rmlist add_members list_members
remove_m
embers clone_member update arch sync_members check_db withlist; \
do \
    /usr/bin/install -c -m 755 $f /home/mailman/bin; \
done
/usr/bin/install: digest_arch: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: mmsitepass: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/install: newlist: No such file or directory

What now???????????

Thanks,

Richard.

Richard Ames
linsup.com, Sydney, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9144-6131, Fax: +61 2 9144-6138
mailto:richard at linsup.com   http://www.linsup.com