[Mailman-Users] Bug: [Fwd: Trying to Subscribe]

Tomas tomas at greatergood.com
Tue May 4 21:44:35 CEST 1999

I have been having users send me these error reports:
When I tried to subscribe to your mailing list, I got this error. Please let me know when to try again. I am very interesting in chatting again.

Bug in Mailman version 1.0b11

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 161, in main
    list.AddMember(email, pw, digest, remote)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 851, in AddMember
    cookie = Pending().new(name, password, digest)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 67, in new
    db = self.__load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 94, in __load
    self.__assert_lock(self.db_lock_timeout)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 120, in __assert_lock
    self.__lock.lock(timeout)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/flock.py", line 127, in lock
    raise TimeOutError
TimeOutError

What can I do about this?  I am using the latest Red Hat linux.