[Mailman-Users] Mailman 1.0b9, password requirement.

The List Server Administrator at UNH listadm at metaphor.unh.edu
Thu Mar 25 15:02:39 CET 1999

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Clark Evans wrote:

> Having people spam the list
>
> PLEASE UN SUBSCRIBE ME
>
> Isn't fun to watch.  It should be SIMPLE and EASY to
> get off of a public list.

     One feature I really do like on the current ListProc is the automatic
     detection of this sort of message and preventing it from being
     distributed to the list.  Once in a while it guesses wrong, which
     can be inconvient for the post -- they get a notice that their
     message wasn't posted and information on what to do to either re-post
     or get help.  But on the whole this is a really good feature.  A
     good wish list item for a future version of Mailman I would think.

                                           Cordially,
                                           The List Server Admin
                                           list.admin at unh.edu
                                           (currently Bill Costa)