[Mailman-Users] Mailman 1.0b9, password requirement.

Clark Evans clark.evans at manhattanproject.com
Thu Mar 25 04:33:56 CET 1999

> i think that the passwd option are very important when you set your
> user/subscriber option, if you dont have a passwd anybody can change your
> option :-( . i am sure that noone want this

I've not had this problem for over a year and a half
with 4 majordomo lists with a total of 5K subscribers.

At any time someone could have unsubscribed someone else.
This has _never_ been a problem.  Not once.  However,
I do get about 5-10 per month asking how to unsubscribe
themselves... this is my problem.

What you are talking about is an extremely rare thing (even
if it exists), and you are forcing people to conform to your
picture of reality which isn't very accurate.

Pretty Please?  With sugar on top?

Clark

P.S.

Here is a message I sent to my list so that they would
know how to unsubscribe... which is, BTW, not obvious.
Take careful note of the number of steps!