[Mailman-Users] RFC for List Message Header Fields

Edward S. Marshall emarshal at logic.net
Wed Mar 24 16:55:55 CET 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Darren Henderson wrote:
> Perhaps its just me but I find the use of URL's in the headers disturbing.

Can you quantify that objection? Ie. can you explain what about it
disturbs you?

It would seem to me to make automated unsubscriptions extremely simple on
the part of the MUA, especially considering that most modern MTAs (Pine,
Mutt, nearly every graphical client, etc) have support for at least
parsing URLs at this point. Hence, getting this kind of feature to an
easy-to-use point in MUAs should be extremely simple.

But maybe someone has a better way of representing it (without inventing a
new notation standard) such that it's still machine-parsable?

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal at logic.net>       [ What goes up, must come down. ]
http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/               [ Ask any system administrator. ]

    Linux labyrinth 2.2.3-ac4 #2 Sun Mar 21 13:08:37 CST 1999 i586 unknown
       9:45am up 2 days, 18:06, 3 users, load average: 0.29, 0.18, 0.12