[Mailman-Users] Inlining MIME attachments on Mailman web archives

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman-mailmain-users at debian.org
Thu Mar 11 14:27:38 CET 1999

Ben Gertzfield <che at debian.org> writes:
> I couldn't find an answer to this or in the FAQ; is there a way to
> specify to mailman a list of MIME types that should be auto-decoded
> and inlined as an <image> tag in the web archives? Or at least a way
> to auto-decode MIME attachments and make them available as a link?
>
> hypermail has this ability, so I'd assume Mailman can kick its butt
> in this field too, and that I just couldn't find the option.

Unfortunately, a discussion from a month back reveals that pipermail
doesn't have the capability, and no one has at present stepped up to
bat to implement it.  There was some talk of making it easier to use
other archiving tools (like hypermail or mhonarc), but I don't know if
this is going to go forward.

Which is unfortunate since as far as I can tell, it's the one wart on
an otherwise stunningly good program.

Mike.