[Mailman-Users] How to ignore confirmation requests in Mailman

Tom Bryan tbryan at server.python.net
Tue Jun 29 03:30:30 CEST 1999

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Tom Bryan wrote:

[from one of my list  users...]

> Please check whether your mailing system (mailing list remailer) can
> ignore / reset the "send confirmation / read confirmation" markers.
> Currently I get feedback from most of the receipients which are configured
> into your system.

My mailman list has a subscribers list that is only viewable by the list
admin.  Thus, I do not want users to be able to receive "return receipts"
from other users' mail systems.  RFC 2298 describes a
Disposition-Notification-To header.  I have also see a Return-Receipt-To
header that seems to trigger these return receipts.  Is there an option in
Mailman to remove these headers before mail is distributed to the list?
If not, could such an option be easily added?

Thanks.
---Tom