[Mailman-Users] [Patch itself]

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Wed Jun 16 19:48:17 CEST 1999

[Bernhard Reiter]

> Of course I forgot to attach the patch, to the last mail. Sorry.

Thanks for the patch -- but, having tried it out, I really liked the
look&feel of the Details better the way they were.

I'll try to justify this a bit:

  When specifying an explicit window target for the details links,
  I'll only get _one_ specific details window (unless I middle-click
  on a link to tell my Netscape "ignore the window target for this
  link, but open it in a new window").

  However, if all links are made to be without window targets, I'll
  either have to go back and forth between details and the admin page
  (when left-clicking), or I'll get a total clutter of separate
  details windows (when middle-clicking).

As for the "Warning!  Don't change this option here!" part of the
patch, I think a) the fact it states is pretty obvious, as there is no
submit button on the page, and b) it adds unwanted visual clutter to
an otherwise beautiful details page ;)

[ All of this should probably be a per-admin configurable option --
  but we won't have separate admin authentication until after 1.0, so
  I'd rather leave everything as it is for now. ]

Let me know if my reasoning is wrong/stupid/fascist/implying that I'm
a control freak :)
--
Harald