[Mailman-Users] need help w/RH 6.0 -- stupid admin tricks...

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya at jerrya.fastrans.net
Thu Jun 3 02:01:27 CEST 1999

On 3 Jun 1999, Harald Meland wrote:

> Are you able to send mail from e.g. "LISTNAME-admin at your.rh6_0.box" to
> one of the addresses Mailman won't send to if you do a "telnet
> SMTPHOST smtp" and give it SMTP commands?  If not, then yes, this is
> an MTA problem.

No, I get a "Relaying denied" when I try that. I get the same result when
I try to send from my own name using that method. I can send a message
using mail(1) or pine (I'm writing this message here right now). I can
even send mail from my Mac, using this machine as my SMTP host.

So, it is a sendmail config problem.

                           UPDATE

I added my internal IP address (192.168.1.1) to the allowable relay hosts,
and it works now.

[This system is connected via ppp, and also has an eth network. Somehow I
botched up the network config.]

Thanks!

--
Jerry Adlersfluegel