[Mailman-Users] Mea Culpa (was: Apparently To header)

John-David Childs jdc at nterprise.net
Wed Jun 2 06:40:49 CEST 1999

As others guessed, it was my sendmail configuration which caused
the "apparently-to" mail header to appear:

# action to take if there are no recipients in the message
O NoRecipientAction=add-apparently-to

I added this years ago to assist in tracking SPAM when
there was no defined TO: line (so I could see which of
my InterNIC registered addresses was being targeted ;-)

I guess I'm still at a loss to explain why sendmail didn't
pick up a recipient, but I'll take it up with the
boss tomorrow.  THanks everyone.