[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Mariella Di Giacomo marielladigiacomo at netscape.net
Tue Jul 20 02:26:03 CEST 1999

Hello,

I've installed and followed all the instructions
on the INSTALL file.

I added some instruction lines on /etc/aliases
to enable a "test" mailing list.

#
test:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
owner-test:              test-admin
test-owner:              test-admin
#

I'm running sendmail on a Linux (Red Hat)
2.3.2 #4 SMP Fri May 28 14:30:21 MDT 1999

I sent the first email to test at machine_name (from
the Web form) and I got an email back for the
confirmation.
When I tried to send an email for confirmation
to the same mailing list I got this
message from the "Mail Delivery Subsystem"

Returned mail: Service unavailable

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"

sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... Service unavailable

Does it mean that I need to use a different mail server (not sendmail ?)
or there something else that I don't know.
Why was the first email message fine and the second wrong ?
Both use the same program, with different options.

Can you help me, please ?

Thanks.

Regards,

                Mariella