[Mailman-Users] sender/envelope addresses esp with mailed commands

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at vdata.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 19:10:32 CEST 1999

My original report on this was confused by the fact that behaviour
changed with the 1.0rc2 -> 1.0rc3 upgrade, but my other fiddling
concealed this....

Currently, if you are using an MTA which does not add Sender: header
fields gratuitously - and strangely enough the exim mailing list users
tend to use exim which is in this catagory - then the code handling
deriving the sender address louses up totally.  It is not dropping back
to the From: or envelope sender fields, and so 80% of my users are
currently having their postings moderated.

There is still also the problem that unqualified senders are accepted -
they should be ignored.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]