[Mailman-Users] TrySMTPDelivery: socket.error / host not found (deferred)

zhaoway zhaoway at xteamlinux.com.cn
Tue Jul 13 18:58:20 CEST 1999

I followed INSTALL to install mailman-1.0rc3, all went well but
when I was trying to subscribe to test-list, I got following,

In my logs/smtp-failures:
Jul 14 00:42:01 1999 TrySMTPDelivery: To zhaoway at xteamlinux.com.cn:
Jul 14 00:42:01 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:    socket.error  / host not found
(deferred)
Jul 14 00:42:01 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:  Maybe your MTA daemon needs
restarting?

pls help! I've checked mailman-users archive, didn't get any clue
on solving this.

P.S. I've been successful on intalling 1.0rc2 on my local test machines,
I don't see there were much difference on my side during these 2 install.

Any clarification will be greatfully appreciated!

--zhaoway