[Mailman-Users] URGENT HELP SOUGHT

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Jul 5 19:04:11 CEST 1999

    AM> Please will anyone who might be able to suggest why the
    AM> adminstrative passwords might be rejected in the admin
    AM> webpage, with a message "Sorry, wrong password. Try again."
    AM> See my previous post below for the system details.

    AM> I've just used "mmsitepass" again to reset the admin password,
    AM> but the new password is rejected. The ~/mailman/logs/error is
    AM> empty. I don't know where else to start looking to debug this.

Quick thought.  Make sure that the python executable that got
hardcoded into your cgi wrappers is the same one you get when you run
command line scripts.  Conjecture: if not, and one was built with the
crypt module but the other wasn't, then you could be encrypting your
site password with crypt but matching with md5.

-Barry