[Mailman-Users] public archives are private

Jeff Berliner jeff at endeavor.med.nyu.edu
Tue Jan 12 21:11:37 CET 1999

     I'm running Mailman 1.0b7 on Digital Unix 4.0B.  I've got it
installed, and running two test lists, and all of the CGI scripts seem to
run fine.  As well, the mailing lists are working without a problem.

     I can't get them to properly archive on the WWW though.  I have
explicitly set each list to "public", yet each list has still created it's
archive in the private tree of my MM installation, and an attempt to get to
/pipermail/... is met with a 404 error.

     My Apache alias points to .../archive/public, and it works, since I've
put a random html file in there and I can access it.

     Any other ideas?  Thanks! :)

                                                  - Jeff

Jeff Berliner                            jeff at popmail.med.nyu.edu
Academic Computing,                      Phone: (212) 263-5744
New York University School of Medicine   Fax:   (212) 263-8542